Kimber is a reference design tailored for host-based processing in an OEM product where a USB connection to the host system is preferred and was designed to allow easy integration into OEM units.
This solution is a superior combination of optical and algorithmic elements that enable absolute security and unmatched security and ease-of-use.
Kimber includes off-the-shelf near-infrared illumination, a commercially available image sensor, proprietary lensing for image sensor, and leading-edge enrollment and authentication algorithms.
Dual iris enrollment and single- or dual-iris authentication is supported with software and algorithms that are portable to the OS used in the OEM device.
- Single iris False Accept Rate (FAR) of 1 in 1.5 million.
- False Reject Rate (FRR) less than 2%.
- Optional dual-iris authentication.
- Robust liveness testing.
- Revocable/recallable biometric template.
- AES 256 encrypted biometric template.
- “Arms-length” working distance.
- Works with eyeglasses.
- Works with most sunglasses.
- Works in daylight and darkness.
- Hygienic — nothing to touch, no biometric left behind.
- Liveness testing and authentication in less than a second.
- Near-infrared illumination LED(s).
- Connector to support Jericho imager module.
- USB system interface.
- Portable to Linux, Android, Windows, and iOS.
- Flexible matching topologies: 1:1, 1:few, 1:many, local, network, cloud, multifactor.
- Algorithms are portable to a secure processing environment.
- Algorithms library available to support customer application creation.
- EyeLockApp: sample code available for streamlined customer software development.
- LCD Monitors
- Point of Sale (PoS) Systems
- Virtual Reality (VR) Headsets